Can't forget


Some days I manage to forget. Sometimes I'm busy enough or distracted enough. Sometimes my day is better occupied with ophthalmology or orthopedics. But it's usually somewhere in my day.

It is in the 3 Day commercials. It is in my bee necklace that my best friend sent me. It is in the Pandora bracelet we gave Mandy on her 30th birthday that I now wear.

But mostly it's at night when I'm feeding and rocking my baby or reading stories to my toddler that I think about all the memories we have yet to make.

Music holds so many memories for me and a lot of the songs on my kids' iPod playlists (yea, we never ended up with white noise machines, just iPods with good music) remind me of my mother in law or Mandy.
One in particular gets me every time because it was a song Mandy introduced Lin to and what Lin danced to with Pat at our wedding. I know I'm not carrying more than I can hold, even though it seems a lot sometimes.
My wish by Rascal Flatts

My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish...


Comments